Richmond Fisher House Program Donation Wish List:
Here are some ideas for donations to support our Veterans, our wounded soldiers, and their families. We will distribute gift certificates according to the needs of individual guests. Your donation may be directed to a particular patients’ family, or your donation can be non-designated and benefit the house in general. No minimum or maximum amount is required. Cash or check donations are welcome. Checks should be made payable to The Richmond Fisher House. Donations are tax deductible.
Personal Care items (travel size):
- Personal hygiene travel kits, Deodorant, body lotion, body wash, loofahs, Q-tips, cotton balls, lip balm, feminine products, tweezers, Fingernail clippers, nail files, hair care products, hair cap, hair get, comb, oral hygiene kits, toothbrushes, mouthwash, hand sanitizers, wipes, and shower shoes.
- Hats glove, scarf sets, slippers, cozy house socks, and thermal travel mugs.
Arts and crafts supplies:
- Games: Mad libs, sudoku, word search, crossword puzzles, and card decks. Jigsaw puzzles, adult coloring books, color pencils, pens, paint kits, and therapeutic craft kits.
- Comfort sets like soups with bowls, cocoa with cups, scented bath sets, etc. Little candles, tissues, sorry for your loss stationary and journals. Keepsake items like picture frames, memorial ornaments, wind-chimes, small pillows, and teddy bears.
- Family sized laundry detergent pods, dryer sheets, disposable plastic cups, disposable coffee cups, disposable utensils, aluminum containers, napkins, paper towels, Lysol, Febreze, disposable dusters, disposable hand soap, and tissue boxes.
- Garlic, seasonings, chicken broth, peanut butter, jam, bread mix, cookie mix, and French onion crisps.
- Beverages: Celestine tea assortments, honey, individual coffee creamer cups, water additives, cocoa mix packets, sodas, and Gatorade.
- Snacks: Popcorn, pop-tarts, single serve chips, Cheez-its, crackers, small Pringles cans, granola bars, and pudding.
If you wish to donate something you find on this list, please contact the Richmond Fisher House at 804-675-6601.
If you wish to volunteer at the Hunter McQuire VA Medical Center, follow this link for more information: